I was in Millie's room and Hayden comes in wimpering and says "Don't be mad at me mom". I'm thinking surely he's broken something, so I ask, "what happened?"
"I have a lego stuck in my nose." How, why, what?? He puts his finger up in his nose and isn't touching it yet. Oh, great.
"Blow" I said. He tries and immediately starts crying harder... panicking actually. Well of course I always remain calm...ha, ha...and wonder how far up there this lego is. I'm nearly sure at this point that we'll end up in the ER. I kept telling him I not mad at him and it's OK.
I have a very sweet neighbor who is a pediatric nurse at Ball Hospital, so we head over there asap.
I knock on the door.
"Jody, we have a lego stuck in the nose".
She was very gracious and got tweezers and Hayden laid on the floor, very scared, crying and asking me to be really close to him. It was way up there and really hurting him. Jody used the tweezers and got the lego piece out. She said if it had been up there any further we probably would have had to head to the ER. Thank the Lord she got it.
Hayden didn't even want me to tell Mark, so someday I'll have to confess this post. But, it is a memory I just had to record.
THEN, Millie gets a majorly stubbed toe...dripping blood and all. She always says, "It's blooding mom" when she's bleeding.
This is her on the couch afterward and all bandaged up. It really was a bad one and she was pretty tough, but all in all thankfully both were minor injuries...
3 comments:
Oh poor Millie. Wonder what 3 yr olds say when they have no cuss words for stubbing your toes...that is so painful!!! And I'm surprised that Mark doesn't read this blog. Didn't he always read our girls letters...or was that Chad?
what could be better than a neighbor who is a pediatric nurse? love those sweet little toes of millie's.
Good night! I'd be willing to bet he doesn't try that again for a while!
Post a Comment