So the Taylor police just left.
About 30 minutes earlier I was talking with Missy (I love having a friend who can call at 11:45 knowing I'm probably up) and Conner had walked into my room. I decided to walk him right back to his room as it seemed he was completely asleep. On our way to his room I went by the front door and saw it was wide open (by this time it's after midnight). Thank the Lord I was on the phone with Missy, but it did freak me out.
Conner gets up at night, but never has tried to go outside or open doors. Then, while still on the phone I wondered through the house opening doors, checking on the kids and turning on outdoor lights. That actually made me more nervous. I decided to call Mark and he wasn't overly concerned, but said if I was going to be up all night or worried about it to call the Taylor police department. I didn't really want to do that, so I just turned on more lights and laid in bed.
Then Mark called a few more times and said he had called the police for me and they were on their way. He kept reminding me that that is their job. He arrived and walked around the outside of the house first. Then he came in and I decided I would feel more comfortable if we walked through the house again. We went in and out of each room, under beds, in closets etc. He went in the basement for me and into the garage and looked in the car. When he was in the garage I heard a knock in the back of the house. THAT definitely freaked me out and I told him I heard a knock (what robber/evil doer knocks I realize..?) and I then saw that the Upland police officer was at the back door.
They were both very kind and didn't make me feel like an idiot. I'm hoping now that I can sleep well...it's 1:12 am. All this on the last night that Mark is away...isn't that ironic? Thanks for taking care of me hon...
6 days ago
4 comments:
yea Mark. and yea Upland police. it never feels right when the guys are out of town does it?! Glad that all is well.
Great to see you Kristen. That is crazy...you totally deserve this girls weekend! Have fun.
Amanda
he's not so laid back when it comes to his wife and family!!! i'm glad to finally know the end of the story.
I so feel for you Kristin! I've felt that way too! One time when I was watching a friends kids (before I had my own) I was putting them to bed around 8 or 9and realized the garage door was open and side door were slightly ajar and they shouldn't have been. Nevertheless, I'm checking all over their house and couldn't get the master bath door open. On top of that, it felt like someone was holding it from the inside! Nevertheless, I quickly get both kids outside and dial 911. The police come and search everywhere and unlock the bathroom to find nothing. At the end of the night, my friend tells me they keep the door locked so their youngest one doesn't get in there. Anyway, I felt a little weird sitting outside in a police car with my two charges, but I kept telling myself it was better to be safe than sorry. Unfortunately, she said her oldest had bad dreams for about three weeks after that!
Post a Comment