Monday, July 7, 2008

In One End and Out the Other

I had a fabulous dinner. I felt like I was eating at a fancy restaurant and it only had 5 ingredients. We ate dinner at the Ross' since our husbands were both gone tonight, so Carrie fixed dinner for the kids and then this fabulous dish for us. It consisted of penne pasta, olive oil, spinach, tomatoes, green onion and garlic herb feta cheese. It was wonderful. I had to take a picture.


So that is the 'in one end part'.

The 'out the other' part of the title is in reference to my attempt to get Millie to 'poopy on the potty'. She is doing very well with her potty training, telling me when she has to go and really not having any #1 accidents anymore. HOWEVER, she has not gone poopy on the potty since we started training. I totally can tell when she has to go, so I new today when we were at Taylor Lake that she had to go. Well, the only option is a port-a-potty. Yes, that's right. What was I supposed to do? I first tried to get her to squat near the woods-but that was not going to happen.

Beth and Carrie were with me and Beth happens to say, "at least it's a new port-a-potty. They just dropped it off today." It seems weird to say, but it really did make a difference. Then Millie seems to think the port-a-potty is a great place...picking up the urinal cake, climbing on and off the potty numerous times, wanting me to go away, insisting on opening the door herself.

About 15 minutes later, after running naked around the port-a-potties to try to 'run it out of her' I gave up and took us all home. I figured I'd let her take a bath (since I was totally grossed out from her experience in the port-a-potty) and I'd make her stay in until she went-surly I could get her to the potty in time.

No such luck. I ended the ordeal with poop in the bathtub. I was more than slightly irritated. Feel free to pass along poop potty training tips. I know we'll get passed it, but really.

The kids also enjoyed some trampoline time at the Ross's. Just threw in a photo for fun.

4 comments:

missy said...

love the title. :) Have you had a doll of hers go poopy in the potty? you could drop little baby ruth's in and they'd go plop and maybe that would help her see it as "fun" or, at least, tolerable.

Tate still remembers how we had a doll pee into the toliet (via a hidden squirt gun) when we were training him.

Carrie said...

Love the title were my exact words and I see Missy and I think alike. Look forward to sharing that meal with you many more times this summer. It was a fun night without our hubbies.

Jamie said...

love the title, although I was a bit nervous reading the post. Charlie earned stickers towards a new tracker for all his recent poops. Now he's earning coins for his piggy bank:)

Demorest Designs said...

Seriously, I am grossed out by the title!! Maybe it is the pregnancy thing...anyway, at least the port-a-potty was new!!