We spent the first full week of July at the lake. As crazy as it can be (shoving six kids and 5 adults in a two bedroom, one bath place-my brother's family and parents were there) it is always such a great time. I love these memories.
The kids enjoyed fishing. Hayden caught a 15 inch bass (which is featured on my mom's camera) and this rock bass, which I'd never seen before. He just loves to fish and seems to have a
knack for it.

Although in this picture, he was fairly sure he had a big one...


We had my ideal lake day on Friday...we headed to ski bay and Conner, Hayden and Addison tried ski. None of them was quite successful, but I was proud of them for trying. Then we headed to the sand bar to relax in the water and swim. Much people watching to do that is for sure (much milder than the weekend). I'd like to have some pics of the kids skiing, but my Mom was feeling technically challenged trying to video tape and I was in the lake helping.

What kid doesn't love to drive the boat? This was Millie's first time.

The kids have come a long way with their swimming this summer. Conner is very comfortable and I finally feel comfortable with him swimming without his
lifejacket over his head. Hayden will now jump off the dock in water over his head and swim to where he can touch. I had no idea he'd do this and maybe I mentioned he wasn't allowed to fish off the dock without a
lifejacket until he was able to swim in deep water. Oh the things that motivate our kids. He and Addison learned to dive because Brad said they could squirt him with a water gun if they did it right.

Conner's sand castle creation.

We can't wait to go back.
1 comment:
Finally!!! :)
What fun pictures and memories. The fish Hayden is holding is so photogenic that is looks fake! And your kids learning to ski and seeing the picture of Millie driving the boat make me really nostalgic. I tried the pasta, by the way. I think I messed it up a little, but it was still really good!
Post a Comment