Friday, October 23, 2009

A Princess Party

Millie wanted a princess party for her 4th birthday. What mom of two older boys isn't willing to oblige a daughter's request for a princess party?

So the planning began and I looked into cakes and games and decorations. I found really cute (slightly overpriced) invitations so we were off with the princess theme. Millie made her guest list...many girls from preschool and a couple of older girls. We delivered the invitations and she was counting down to her birthday and her party about every hour.

A few days before she said she actually wanted a dancing party. I said, great...I guess the princesses will be headed to the ball. Then two days before the party she was on the phone with my mom and said told her she was having a tea party. I'm thinking, what? But she was flexible.

Yesterday was her party and it was really fun to having all the 'princesses' come over for the party.

They came and we danced...

They played "Pin the Crown on the Princess"
They passed the glass slipper (like musical chairs), they made bead necklaces and they colored pictures.They sang happy birthday and had cake and ice cream...Millie with her cake...It was fun and the girls were great.

Happy Birthday to our princess. We love to watch you dance and sing and you're full of personality.

We love you sooo much!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

oh Kristin. such pink fun! I love the cake...you are getting so talented!!!

missy said...

what a great party!!! the cake is incredible and all the girls look so darling. millie's grin says it all. this might be your best party yet.

i LOVE the pictures from above, though i'm not quite sure how you got them...you are tall, but not THAT tall.

Deborah said...

as sara grace puts it, "the party was full of fun." millie is a cutie and we are so happy she is four!

dezandheath said...

I hadn't seen the cake...WOW! You did a great job ~ looks like they all had fun!