Saturday we planned to make a beach day. Had we had
internet access in our room I would have realized that low tide was around 11am and we would have headed out in the morning. We planned to go to
Clearwater Beach on the gulf side because the beaches are beautiful and the shelling is much better. Conner has talked about wanting to look for shells at the beach for years. I also enjoy looking for shells. The best time to do so is when the tide is 'out', thus revealing the most shells.
All that to say, I thought the tide would be out in the afternoon (as it always has been when we were on spring break). So we spent the morning in the oh so warm pool and headed to the beach around lunchtime.
Some pictures of the morning swim...

Notice my bedhead in this photo...

Millie, ready to head to the beach.

The water was amazing. We spent several hours and two different locations on
Clearwater. We all found fun shells and even saw some live crabs in shells that some girls found when the tide was
out (rub it in will you?). You KNOW if Mark is in the water the ocean must be warm. The
lifeguard station reported the water at 82 degrees. It was wonderful. I'm excited to make our next vacation a beach vacation! It was definitely worth the hour and a half drive each way.



We ended the day with dinner at a Mexican Restaurant called Senor Locos. The food was very good and Conner especially loved it. I don't think he knew he liked Mexican food so much.
It's very common for a thunderstorm to pop up this time of year. On the way home we could see the rain ahead and looked out to spot a rainbow over the ocean...that was a first for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment