The Magic Kingdom. The day started out great. We were there early and got to see the opening program as they dropped the rope. We headed straight for Thunder Mountain thinking it might have long lines later. They both loved this ride and it was their favorite ride of the trip! The view from our seats... From there the boys and Mark went on Splash Mountain. I was proud of them for trying it and Hayden really liked it. They didn't get too wet and it was after that ride that it started raining. Because of the rain we headed to the Jungle Cruise. We had a great tour guide. At one point he yells "get down, the cannibals are restless." Hayden immediately gets off his seat and crouches down near the floor. Mark and I were laughing so hard (not letting Hayden see us). He never caught on that no one else on the boat moved. Several other people were laughing too. He stayed in that position for several seconds until the guide said it was safe. We headed back to our condo for dry clothes and lunch. We left about 11:45 and came back around 2:30. We got to see the 3:00 parade. They really do an amazing job with the parades here Millie is waving at someone (she was always waving at characters).
I was not up for the tea cups. Mark said he would ride, but was not up for spinning. At one point I think he was the one spinning them all super fast.
It is not a day at the Magic Kingdom without a ride on It's a Small World. Millie really enjoyed it and I did to. We walked right on and it was relaxing. I'm not sure if you can tell, but the boy behind Mark was totally asleep. The kids picked out a sucker before we headed over for one last ride and a spot for Illuminations, the evening light parade.We walked right on the Buzz Lightyear ride and rode it twice before the parade.
The castle changes colors throughout the night.
Despite the rain, this was a great day. We walked on most rides and the rain held off for both parades and the fireworks.
First of all, I laughed my way through those two entries...your captions are hilarious...hayden 'hitting the deck' had me busting a gut...and the kid sleeping in the back ground, their gigantic suckers...ahh, so many fun memories! makes me want to plan a trip...when my kids are a little older=)
2 comments:
i love seeing the pictures. so cute about hayden's preparedness with the cannibals on the loose! i'm with you on the tea cups...no thanks!
First of all, I laughed my way through those two entries...your captions are hilarious...hayden 'hitting the deck' had me busting a gut...and the kid sleeping in the back ground, their gigantic suckers...ahh, so many fun memories! makes me want to plan a trip...when my kids are a little older=)
Post a Comment