We began our Sunday by attending a local church. No, not really. Maybe we should have, but we slept in and then headed to Celebration-a planned community with a school, shopping and restaurants intertwined with the large neighborhood. I think it originally had some association with Disney...I'm not sure if it still does. There was a water area the kids enjoyed trying to dodge the water spouts.


Then we enjoyed another ice cream break. I'm wondering when the kids will realize that the superman ice cream-or anything with neon colors, really isn't that great compared to what they could choose. They are missing out!

Next we headed back to Downtown Disney, this time without the rain. We checked out the Harley Davidson store...

Headed again to the Lego store. This is the exhibit just outside the store. These people and dogs are amazing.

We were getting hungry and decided, somewhat spontaneously, to have dinner at
Rainforest Cafe. It is a fun experience and the atmosphere obviously keeps the kids entertained while we waited for food. We came just before the true dinner crowd, so we were seated right away-always a bonus when the kids are tired and hungry. This picture is of one of the aquariums, plus tons of the
rainforest look abounding.


Every 20 minutes the animals 'come alive' and make their animal noises and move around. Every 45 minutes they simulate a thunderstorm.


We headed home from here and the kids hoped to swim, but a thunderstorm popped up and derailed that plan. It was another fun and somewhat low key day we needed before we tomorrow's Magic Kingdom day.
3 comments:
These are very good summaries of your trip! You are going to be so happy when you look back at these way in the future! How fun!
all very fun pix!
You definitely got me on the going to a local church, I thought REALLY?? then laughed as I kept reading. I am enjoying the details of you trip and the cute pictures.
Post a Comment