Thursday, March 12, 2009

Doll House

My Grandpa made me a doll house when I was little. I may try to find the picture of the Christmas he gave it to me. I was definitely older than three, but he, my Grandma and mom did some restoring and gave it to us. Millie has asked for her doll house to play with continually. Many of the furniture is handmade as well.

We let her play with it for a day and she loved it. We decided to put it up for awhile until she's a bit older because we want it to last. I love watching my daughter play with it. When I had two boys, I really wondered if the Lord's plan for our family included a daughter. I love the boys dearly, but I also wanted to experience motherhood with a daughter. She brings me so much joy. I love you Millie Ann!





4 comments:

Jamie said...

I have a doll house just like that...so glad you have sweet Millie to share yours with.

Carrie said...

My grandpa made my sister and I one and I, not so sentimental, I went for the plastic version. Horrible on my part but it was quite big. I feel a bit guilty after seeing Millie loving it so much.

Carrie said...

What AWFUL grammar, I realize that it should be me and not I. And I homeschool, shameful.

missy said...

how did i miss this sweet, sweet post. it's another memory of yours that you are able to share with your kids, like the lake.