Saturday, March 21, 2009

Celebrating Conner

To celebrate Conner's birthday this year, I told him he could choose where we went to eat, then we would head to IWU to watch "The Tale of Desperaux". He was debating between Ivanhoe's and Cracker Barrel. Then Mark took him to Ivanhoe's so he switched to Cracker Barrel or Subway (we were all laughing a bit over his choices...all within 2 miles of our house).

So, my Mom and Dad came down and we headed to Cracker Barrel for lunch (although we all ate breakfast foods) and then to the movie. It was extra special that his two good friends Noah and Bailey were there to watch the movie too. He sat with them and enjoyed the show. He also enjoyed picking out his movie treats-Berry Skittles and Mug rootbeer.

We headed back home for a simple dinner and then had cake and ice cream. I cannot believe that 9 years ago tonight I was trying to sleep because I knew the next morning I would be induced. I think I was much more focused on what the next morning would hold (first labor and all) than I was about what the next 18 years would hold. We're half way there...9 more years and he'll be 18...until this moment I've never thought about it like that. I love him so much and he does love his mom. He's always been a mommy's boy, giving me lots of hugs and kisses, wanting to cuddle and just be with me. Lord, help me to take hold of moments like those and enjoy being mom-soaking up his affection while I have it.








Conner, Happy Birthday. We are so much alike, you and I. We have similar 'first born' traits and many of our strengths and weaknesses are the same. I pray you keep seeking the Lord and know Him more deeply.
I love you...

4 comments:

Carrie said...

It is so fun to think we have celebrated 8 of Conner's 9 birthdays with your family. We love Conner!!!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday to Conner. so amazing to watch time flash by in these kiddos lives. Looks like it was a wonderful day of celebrating!

missy said...

what a great celebration! i love the cake and the look on conner's face when the candle's were lit.

Deborah Pasko said...

what a sweet post. i love the cake. happy 9th birthday, connor.