Friday, February 20, 2009

A great day!

The kids and I had a really good day, exhausting, but good. We headed to the children's museum in Indy. I picked Hayden up early from school and we headed down, eating lunch in the van. We arrived and tackled as much of the museum as we could in about three hours. The kids were very excited about the newest exhibit-LEGOs. I have some photos of our day. The museum is always a blast and exhausting at the same time. I really enjoy watching my kids have fun, but I'm constantly trying to watch over all three and it feels a bit intense sometimes-so much so that I'm quite certain I dozed off during the Mr. Rogers planetarium show we watched. I was feeling a bit sleepy and it was dark, what can I say?




We headed home and Mark picked up Millie for a date night with Dad and I took the boys to a roller skating birthday party. They have never been roller skating, and I really don't think I've been since...middle school maybe? The roller rink was rented out for two hours and we had so much fun. The boys needed help at first, but by the end Conner was feeling more confident- wobbly, but more confident. Hayden, three pair of skates later, was enjoying his experience now that the wheels had been tightened and he could almost walk on his without falling. I forgot how much kids fall when they are learning, and they fall hard!


I had a great time and at one point busted out with a race against Noah Ross-he was skating fast on his rollerblades. I was a bit nervous about making the corners at 'top speed'.

It was a great day and the boys kept talking about what a great time they had skating.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

skating was a blast, I am so glad we were out there skating together. I also have to get the Lego exhibit, your pictures were great

missy said...

i wish so much that we could still do the children's museum together! what a fun day! thanks for the therapy session today. what would i do without you?????