Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Trip to the Hill

My kids really enjoy the sledding hill by the lake on campus. It's steep enough, but not too steep (as you're making your way back up). I enjoyed today too...from the van...sitting with my friends...while we watched our kids sled, eat snow, wrestle in the snow, and make snow angels.

The two pictures I captured (from my annoying, barely working camera).


The snowflakes were incredible today. Like, take your breath away, stand in awe of God, incredible. They were especially intricate. I had on a black coat and just couldn't get enough of watching them fall and land on my sleeve, appreciating the variety and detail. Then, you look all around at how many have fallen to make inches and inches of snow. Wow. And when the sun hits the fallen snow and sparkles like diamonds, another wow.

I am one of the rare people who likes winter. I actually love all the seasons. I look forward to each change. I will admit, winter gets very long and I want a quick and warm transition to spring. But if winter is here, I want snow. I like bundling up with hot chocolate and getting 'snowed in' every once in awhile. I love the beauty snow brings to everything and how it clings to the trees. Growing up we used to snowmobile and ski quite a bit. I don't love being cold-at all. So, as I mentioned I watched my kids sled from the van, I enjoy it in spurts.

Other than sledding, the kids played a bit of Wii and we sat down and watched Dreamer. That is a great movie. I forgot it was inspired by a true story. Of course I cried. It's still snowing so I expect schools will be canceled tomorrow. Not homeschool-lucky for my kids... :)

Off to watch The Office re-runs or last night's episode of The Bachelor. Even though I know who is chosen, I still watch it. Is that sick or what?

4 comments:

missy said...

i am so with you on staying warm in the car with friends while the kids "enjoy nature". i don't get it...how do you know who "wins" the bachelor? i haven't been watching that or idol. kinda proud of myself actually.

Jamie said...

I love the idea of visiting with friends in the car while you're kids sled in the cold. You have GOT IT MADE my friend.

enjoy the snow and winter season:)

Deborah Pasko said...

i'm with you on the bachelor!

Demorest Designs said...

great post...kindof wish i could say "ditto" and post it on mine =)