Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An evening to remember...

So apparently when you are out of town and your small group meets and decides the summer schedule, you never know what you might come back to.

An 80's night...with karaoke...and appropriate 80's attire...and yearbooks...and pictures of it all...

Yes, that's what our small group did last night. We had an 80's karaoke night.

Everyone came dressed in 80's garb (some of the outfits dug out of old spaces for a reappearance). I did find my class ring and some old hoop earring to wear. I borrowed leggings, leg warmers and shorts. I invested in a $2 tank top that I cut up a bit, some bracelets and blue eyeshadow.

Mike and Traci (Mike was looking very Miami Vice)
Jon and KelliCarrie and I (without our husbands...Mark was at Conner's baseball game and came late and Gary was out of town). Carrie had it down to the details...shoulder pads, feathered hair & feather earrings, a Wham button, Walkman clipped to her belt and stirrup pants! We were being directed to strike a pose...

but I was totally laughing at myself...


Real high school sweethearts...Mark and Christa...Todd and Dara (Dara in her old prom dress)
Oh how will we top this night? Or should I ask that?

We had a great time and the karaoke was full of laughs!

3 comments:

missy said...

you must know that i now think you have the coolest small group EVER! did everybody wang chung that night? i am so impressed with everyone's outfits!!!! was mark so happy to be on baseball duty that night? you rocked the 80's look!

Deborah said...

i love, love your outfit! you look great. carrie's shoulder pads- dara's dress (that she can still fit in!!!), everyone looks fantastic.

ZFam said...

I just laughed my you know what off!!! those outfits are incredible! amazing! kristin...i can't even handle how 80's punk-rock you looked! and tracy...your pose was rockin' it with your miami vice boy! and, are you sure that was a prom dress, dara?!?!?!? I know some girls getting married soon...maybe they could borrow that?! =) carrie...oh, the shoulder pads...perfected that outfit!