Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh, the things they say

I wanted to document a few funny conversations I've had with my kids over the past few days (I'll omit the not so funny ones...)

Conner-
"Mom, why when I get in trouble you punish me, but when you do something wrong you don't punish yourself? I think you should punish yourself and take away Polar Pops. You don't need them, you just want them." He feels a lack of injustice (such a firstborn) that he gets punished when he does something wrong and 'I don't'...according to Conner.

Hayden-
We were talking about Conner's chores and his allowance. Hayden said he wanted an allowance too. Then he asked if Conner had to chance Millie's diapers for his chore. I said, no, and Millie doesn't wear diapers. Then he said, good, I'm never changing diapers. I said, not Millie's, but you might someday when you're a dad and you won't get paid for it. He said, no way, I'm not doing that. We'll, I'm being a Dad, but not changing diapers. Anyway, I'm goin' out in the western with Alden.

I started laughing. I said, oh, you're not getting married, you going 'out west' (that's what he meant) with Alden (a friend from school...obviously they've made plans)? You don't want to get married?

Hayden said, no, because K-I-S-S is gross.
Well, there you have it...Hayden's plans for the future...


Millie-
Mom, can I bring this to Mrs. Demorest's house? It's my sword. She said this in reference to my sweeper attachment.

Beth made a point to say she needs to play with some girls. They were leaving Beth's to head to the Kesler Center and Millie wanted to know if she could take some weapons with her...

Yesterday she really was playing My Little Ponies with friends and making bracelets! She certainly is willing to play along with anyone.

No comments: