My mom has been rewarding the grandkids for trying new things at the lake this summer. Specifically, as they have learned to ski she's gotten them little gifts as a way to say good job. Several of the kids, mostly ours, were reluctant to try new things beyond tubing and kneeboarding.
So, Millie kept saying she was going to try, but I really didn't think she would. She, however, was sincere, so I got in the water to help her. She got up right away. The funny thing was, she never stood up. She skied for a long time in a squatting position. It was hilarious. I had tears in my eyes from laughing and I could hear Mark yelling 'Millie, stand up'.
Anyway, Grandma got her a present for her 'success' and it was a barbie. Millie and her cousin play with them at the lake.
A few days later we're at home and I'm in Millie's room with her. We're putting a few of her toys away and I see some of her Barbie's hair on the ground. Bella had already mutilated one hand and foot, so I said,
"Millie, what happened to your Barbie's hair? Did Bella get it?"
"No"
"Did you pull out the pony tail and it came out?"
Millie says, "You're not going to like this at all..."
I said, "What?"
She says again, "You're really not going to like this at all."
As she's saying this I'm realizing what happened and say, "Millie, did you cut that Barbie's hair?"
As soon as the words left my mouth and she's nodding her head, I BUST out laughing. I couldn't help myself. Her confession of 'you're really not going to like this' coupled with my memory of her opening scissors earlier that evening and the pieces of blonde barbie hair on the floor was too much to keep in.
I tried to explain that while I was laughing it really wasn't something she should do and definitely not to her own hair (oh please don't).
Anyway, one of those things I want to remember. :)
6 days ago
2 comments:
so glad you recorded this one! too cute! miss you SOOOOOO much!
so funny! i haven't heard this story.
Post a Comment